Welcome Zane!





July 16th, 2008


Well today was the big day! I went into active labor at 7:37 am today with no warning! Sean had just left to go to work and I had gotten up with him to say goodby and eat something. He had already decided that today would be his last day at work, as it was my due date and as of yesterday evening when Dr. Dresbach checked me I was 1.5 cm.. So I was getting up to put my bowl of ceral away when I felt a cramp on my lower right side. From that point on they were every 2 min. apart and I was pretty sure this was it! I called Sean and told him I thought, but wasn't sure, that I was in labor. I felt bad because wed. are training days and it was going to be his last for a little bit and he is really needed there, but he said no, I'm coming home. I had time to shower and do my makeup (cause those of you that know me, know I can't leave without my hair and makeup done!) So we were on our way. Once we got to the hosp. They took me right in checked me and declared that I was a keeper! Dr. morton my Anes. Dr. came right in and gave me a epidural, oh what heaven!, and I was content for a while. A couple of hours into it any shifting of me, made me vomit! Missy Sirrus, my mom, Sean, and my brother in-law Joey were there to see my humiliation as I vomited over and over for hours! Well not one right after another, but alot! Anywho at about 5:30 pm my Dr. showed and at about 6:30 he said I could try pushing, even though Zane wasn't down. After a half and hour my Dr. said stop we need to do a c-section. I was fine with this, I trusted my Dr., but I looked up to see tears in Sean's eyes! I asked what he was crying about, and he told me he loved me and was worried about me and the baby. You see during my pushing everytime a contraction would come Zane's heartbeat would drop to almost nothing. and my cervex kept closing, My hips never spread throughout my pregnancy (good for me, not so good for birthing!), So my Dr. thought that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck. Well he zipped me right in and the rest is history! Oh by the way Zane did have the cord tightly around his chest, but thankfully not around his neck! He was 6 lbs. 13 oz and 18 1/4 in. born at 8:01 pm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is so precious. I am so happy for you guys. Drew has his 2 month on Oct 23, I am not looking forward to that. We still need to get our kiddies together!